Ramblings from the Warrior's Den
Thursday, July 25, 2002
 
Today I got a chance to visit some of the people who I worked with in my previous job at MS, and also realized how little things change in some regards. One of them was having a birthday, and a surprise party was planned. After dealing with miscellaneous crises that happened to pop up at inconvenient times beforehand, I was finally able to escape and drive over to campus, where the party was being held. It was nice to get a chance to talk to some people, many of whom I haven't been able to talk to in a year or more. After the usual "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" bits and obligatory singing took place, that was about the point that things started to go downhill.

Given some of the past history involved, as well as the personalities of some of the people there, I should have seen the warning signs beforehand, and known that putting that many of those people in one small conference room with a cake was probably not such a hot idea after all. It started with some of the little toy stress balls being tossed around, with increasing velocity. It wasn't long before other projectiles began to be tossed. It was about this time that I figured a rapid relocation to the other side of the room was in order, as the commotion started to move in the direction of the birthday cake. Finally, the inevitable buildup reached it's logical conclusion, and the cake fight began. I suppose I should have known something like this would happen. It's happened before (I'll probably save that particular war story for another time), and probably will happen again at some point, whether I'm present or not.

When the frosting cleared, I thought I managed to escape unscathed, but I think I ended up with a spot or two of purple frosting that might not come out in the wash. How much food coloring does it take to make purple frosting anyway? The world may never know.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger